The Harlene Dungarees Size 18-28 Pattern by Merchant & Mills
A traditional pair of easy fitting dungarees. A hard-working wardrobe staple featuring classic detailing and optional top stitching.
Skill level – intermediate.
This is a multi-size paper pattern in an envelope, including sizes 18 to 28. For sizes 6-18, please click here.
Suggested fabrics – medium weight woven cloth, 8 – 11 oz denim, cotton canvas, cotton drill, corduroy, yarn dyed linen. If you are using a thick fabric you may decide to cut the waistband and button fly pieces out of a thinner fabric to reduce bulk. If you are an experienced sewer you could try tencel, tencel/linen, corduroy, more floppy linens, prints and checks.
All seam allowances are 1.5cm unless otherwise stated.
You will need:
- Matching thread.
- Contrasting thread (optional)
- Dungaree clips – 2 x 40mm.
- Adustable sliders – 2 x 40mm.
- Hammer on buttons (or sew on buttons) – 6 x 15mm.
- Lining (pocket, fly, and waist facing) – 0.5M. If your fabric is light to medium weight you could use ‘self’ fabric for the fly and waist facing.
We sell a Harlene hardware kit in gunmetal here.