Nicks Dress & Blouse Pattern by Closet Core
Inject a little bohemian glamour into your wardrobe with the Nicks Dress + Blouse. In multiple variations with soft gathering and delicate details, it’s satisfying to make and a pleasure to wear.
All views feature a loose-fitting V-necked bodice with a gently gathered shoulder and yoke. The slightly puffed sleeve is gathered at the shoulder; choose between a short sleeve, or a long sleeve with wrist pleats for shaping and an elastic gathered cuff. You may also choose between two interchangeable neckline finishes: a simple facing, or a bias-bound neckline with delicate rouleau button loops and buttons. View A is a button-front dress with a comfortable elastic waist, long or short sleeves, and three gathered skirt tiers. View B is a voluminous swing tunic with a gathered hip tier and long or short sleeves. View C is an elegant blouse with a faced neckline and long or short sleeves.
Email when stock available
Sewing level: Confident Beginner
SUGGESTED FABRIC: The Nicks Dress + Blouse shines in a variety of light to midweight wovens with moderate drape. For a flowy and ethereal effect, try lightweight linen, silk crepe, chiffon, charmeuse, or georgette. For more body, try cotton shirting, batiste, voile, chambray, or linen.
- Buttons for View A and B center front opening, 5 x 1/2″ (12 mm)
- Elastic for View A waist and sleeve cuffs, 1/2″ (13 mm) wide x 2 yard (2 m)
- Elastic for View C sleeve cuffs, 1/2″ (13 mm) wide x 1/2 yard (0.5 m)
- Lightweight fusible interfacing for View C facing, 10″ x 10″ (25 cm x 25 cm)
- Thread in matching colour
- Marking tool
- Tube turner or safety pin
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (SIZES 0-20)
View A (Dress)
- 45″ (1.15 m): Sizes 0-14: 5.5 yd (5 m), Sizes 16-20 = n/a*
- 58″ (1.5 m): Sizes 0-6: 5 yd (4.5 m), Sizes 8-20 = 5.25 yd (4.75 m)
View B (Tunic)
- 45″ (1.15 m): Sizes 0-6: 2.25 yd (2 m), Sizes 8-14 = 2.5 yd (2.25 m), Sizes 16-20 = n/a*
- 58″ (1.5 m): Sizes 0-20: 2.25 yd (2 m)
View C (Blouse)
- 45″ (1.15 m): Sizes 0-12: 2.5 yd (2.25 m), Sizes 14 = 2.75 yd (2.5 m), Sizes 16-20 = n/a*
- 58″ (1.5 m): Sizes 0-10: 1.75 yd (1.5 m), Sizes 12-18 = 2 yd (1.75 m), Sizes 20 = 2.25 yd (2 m)